March 31, 2014

March 2014 Playlist: Scour not Sour


I will not be thematic this month and I actually don't know why for the past two months I'm being thematic.  My playlist this March is just about everything that I'm scouring over the net (mostly youtube) about artist that I heard either from the radio or from the background song of a youtuber.

But first, let's talk a little about Birdy.

source

I first fell in love with Wings then Skinny Love and now Words as Weapons, Jasmine van den Bogaerde's voice has just the right deep and raspiness that gives so much soul to her songs.  To know more about her, just go to officialbirdy.com.  I'm looking for the reason why she's called Birdy, know why?

Continuing with the playlist, here's the 10 songs that I've been listening this March

Shangri-La, Lola Blanc
Blame Michelle for this ahahaha but it's a really fun song and it reminds me of the earlier songs of Avril Lavigne

Sleeping With A Friend, Neon Tress
Mutual understanding but unofficial?  I'm no expert with love so I'm also confuse.

Gold Gun Girls, Metric
I really regret that I didn't go to their concert last year.  Shame on me, shame on me!!!

Cool Kids, Ecosmith
It's hard to be yourself when fitting in a crowd that is definitely out of your league.  I also want to be a cool kid in my own way.

Taro, Alt-J
Bravo Alt-J! Okay to be honest, there are times that I don't exactly know the meaning of their lyrics but I can relate at the melody of their songs.

Space Oddity, David Bowie
Of pure bravery, bow.  Thanks to the movie The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, I found this song.  Now I know why David Bowie is a common influence to the bands I listened to.

Silent Treatment, The Joy Formidable
I feel a calming feeling with this song and I don't know why. "I’ll take the easy sequence.  Less people, more freedom"

Same Love, Maclemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Mary Lambert
Equality, love know no bounderies.


Lonely Boy, Black Keys
I find this really catchy.  A love that keep him waiting, what a lonely boy.  Watch the video :)

On Top of the World, Imagine Dragons
No comment :)

Enjoy the music!

Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)