July 6, 2012

Etude House Silk Scarf Hair Treatment



Included in Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring is a small sachet of conditioner-like product which is applied to the hair after rinsing the coloring solution.  It makes the hair smooth, shiny and manageable again after the hardening and tangleling effect the bubble hair coloring gives.  Impressed with its performance, I bought the full size of Etude House's Silk Scarf Hair Treatment.
200ml
P378

Here's the description and instruction from the back of the tube:

"Specially formulated with oil complex and floral scent, this highly concentrated treatment restores and reinforces brittle damaged hair, preventing future breakage and leaving your hair extraordinarily strong, soft, silky, and manageable."

Directions:  Use once or twice a week.  Massage into hair and comb through evenly with fingers.  Let treatment work for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly.

The hair treatment is light lilac in color and has a mild sweet flowery scent.  Texture is a bit watery than most conditioners that are available in the market so be a little careful in squeezing out the product from the tube.
~watery~
I tried many ways before I achieved the result that  I want.  How do I use it?  Here are the first 4 attempts that I made (sticking to the fourth):

1. As instructed.
  • After towel drying, I applied a handful amount of hair treatment into my hair and let it stay for 5 minutes.Result: Hair became soft but not shiny and manageable.
2. Time Extended.
  • Same with method 1 but this time I let the hair treatment stay for 20 minutes.  Result:  Hair was soft and shiny but not manageable.
3. Shower Cap
  • It seems that the longer I put the hair treatment on my hair the better the results it gives and so I extended the time to 40 minutes and instead of leaving my hair into thin air, I used shower cap.  The result?  I overdid it.  My hair became oily. But after shampooing, my hair became soft, shiny and a little manageable (some parts are still “fly away”).
4. Time is of the essence
  • Same with method 3 except for the time.  I guess 30 minutes is enough for my hair.  And voila!  Soft, silky, shiny, manageable hair at last!
*Note:  May hair is rebonded (2011) and is now colored with Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring and I think it's normal that the ends of my hair are a bit brittle even after using the Silky Scarf Hair Treatment.

Thanks for reading and feel free to type in your comments.  Till then.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)