December 20, 2012

On Serum

photo from katasher.com
Serum is a thick liquid-like product that targets the deeper layers of the skin which regular moisturizers are unable to reach.  It's a beauty product that has an active ingredients to target specific skin problem like wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots and dullness and some serums also promises to prevent acnes.

In choosing a facial serum, keep in mind the skin type and complexion of your skin and the effect you wanted to achieve or the issues that you want to address or prevent.  For example, look for a serum that has a Vitamin C as it's key ingredient when you are after an anti-aging effect as Vitamin c helps in fighting free radicals from our environment.  For hydration, it's best to have a serum with hyaluronic acid as it helps in moisturizing and improving the elasticity of the skin.

The serum for your skin greatly depends on what your skin needs.

Now let's go to how to apply serum.  Actually it's more of how I apply a serum.  I start with a freshly clean face.  After toning, I quickly spread 2 to 3 pumps or pea size serum to my palms then pat it to my face and neck.  pat a little more to help my skin absorb the serum faster and at the same time provide a light massage to my face.  Then to completely seal the serum, I top with with a moisturizer.  I have dry to very dry skin type so I still need moisturizer to fully hydrate my skin but based on my readings, you can skip to apply the moisturizer.

Here some links/sites that may help you in knowing what serum is best for you but of your course nothing beats your dermatologists

About.com -http://skincare.about.com/od/extraskincaresteps/f/SerumFAQ.htm
wiseGeek.com -http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-face-serum.htm
APIVITA -http://www.apivita.com/new/natural-serum/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)