December 19, 2012

Cake Pops!

Oh sweets, they make my heart melt and I wanted to create them with my own hands.  I started baking some cupcakes and it's...well okay except for the color since I used brown sugar instead of white.  Anyway, I have a lot leftover butter frosting and so I decide to make cake pops.
White Cake Pops with chocolate drizzle for texture
Here's what I used for the cake pops
1 whole chiffon cake (store bought ~teehee~)
1 cup butter frosting (for binding the cake)
4 cups chocolate chips + 4 tablespoons of canola oil for coating

Using my hands, I crushed the cake into small pieces.  Added the frosting then mixed making sure that every bit of the cake is coated.  Take around 2 tablespoon of the cake then form into balls.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (for better taste, cover the cake balls).

For the coating, I just mixed the chocolate chips and oil then pop it into the microwave for 45 seconds.

Next, assemble:  I can't find any plastic sticks so I used bamboo skewers instead (but I think this is not really necessary).  Dip the stick to the melted chocolate before inserting it to the cake ball then dip the whole cake ball and poof you have a cake pop!  Just remove the excess coating by tilting left and right then let it dry.  It's up to you if you want to add designs and embellishment.
cute or creepy?
The pink particles are chocolate + cheese.  Yep, I experimented a little J

Thanks for reading.  Till then.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)