March 15, 2013

Naked Cupcake #2: Another Choco

I know, I know the photo below is not appetizing but believe me, these cupcakes the I made are chocolatey thanks to Bake Happy!  Ohh just in case you're wondering why I call my cupcakes naked, well simply because I can't make any decent frosting but I'll try to look for good tricks on how to make some basics and maybe in the future my cupcakes will no longer me naked.
Basic Chocolate Cupcake
To be honest, I thought that my chocolate cupcakes are a total failure, tasting 5 minutes after baking.  But after around 3 hours, they become really moist.  Also found out that a cake flour really makes a difference:  no after taste and cupcakes are fluffier!

Recipe can be found here.  The recipe that Aikko share from her blog Bake Happy is for a cake but I made mine into cupcakes (I do not have a pan for a cake).

Moist Chocolate Cake
recipe from Bake Happy


Ingredients:
2 cups flour (all purpose flour is okay, but you can find cake flour, it would be better)
1 ½ cup sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cup water
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp vanilla extract

Procedure

1. In a bowl, mix mayonnaise and sugar until smooth
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder. It's up to you if you'd like to sift or dry whisk. Just make sure all four ingredients are well mixed.  (I used the dry whisk method)
3. Add a third of the flour mixture to the mayonnaise mixture
4. Add 1/2 of the water required. Now don't be discouraged if it looks sloppy once the water is added. It'll come together.
5. Repeat #3 and #4 until the flour mixture and water has been added to the mayonnaise mixture. Add the vanilla extract last.
6. Pour into a well greased pan and bake at 350F for 40-50 mins for cakes and 12-15 minutes for cupcakes. Make sure to tap the pans used to let the air out before baking.


Yields 12 medium size and 6 small size of cupcakes.  I added some chocolate bits on the smaller ones to make them more chocolatey~  And don't worry about the mayo ^_*


Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that looks goey and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ithey are really good. I can't believe I baked them :D

      Delete
  2. That looks so yummy~ I am bad at baking but I shall try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go ahead, they are easy to make and I just followed the instructions of bakehappy

      Delete
  3. Is mayonnaise the secret for a moist chocolate cake? I've been wanting to bake a moist choco cake but it always comes out spongy and dry.

    www.styleandglow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of the secrets which I read from another blog. vinegar can also make the cake moist :)

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)