March 25, 2013

The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

Vitamin C nowadays does not only be taken orally but is now used topically.  Products with vitamin c promises to give brighter complexion and when it comes to brightening dull complexion, I'm alert.  Well not alert enough because again, I got the wrong product.  I wanted a serum but got the Skin Boost instead from The Body Shop.
The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost
Create instant smoothing radiance with a silky smooth finish. It's an ideal skin pick-me-up to enhance your glow and our favorite Vitamin C product!
For Dull Skin
$27
If you want your skin to have a sheer glow effect without the oily feeling, then this probably is the best product for you unless you want to shine like a diamond like the vampires in Stephanie Myers eyes.  It gives a sheer brightening effect without the oily look and effect.  It works well with my sister's oily skin so this is for all skin type.


FULL INGREDIENTS
Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycerin (Humectant), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Silica (Absorbent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Mica (Opacifier), Titanium Dioxide (Colour).

HOW TO USE
Apply in an upward, circular motion after moisturizing for a smooth base and a healthy-looking glow.
photo from thechalkboardmag.com
According to nyaproductreviewer.com: "Camu Camu; aka Myrciaria dubia, is a tree that is indigenous to the Amazon Rain Forrest.  The red fruit from the Camu Camu has some amazing beautifying properties such as "producing the highest source of naturally-occurring vitamin C – thirty times more than an orange – and ten times as much iron, three times as much niacin, twice as much riboflavin, and fifty percent more phosphorus. It is a significant source of potassium, minerals, and amino acids, and supports your skin's elasticity, reduces pore size, and offers powerful anti-aging benefits."
as applied in my arms
It's not very visible in the picture but it does really gives my skin an instant sheer radiance in person and really smoothen my face every time I use it (I can't help touching my face).

The packaging is compact and doesn't take a huge space in my bag and no spilleage too since it's comes with a plastic cap.  The nozzle of the pump has good quality:  I can totally control the amount to be dispense.  Half pump is enough to cover my face and neck but I would sometimes go for a full pump for that extra glow in my cheeks and forehead.  The smell is also pleasant:  citrusy and refreshing.

The 30ml of this Vitamin C Skin Boost goes a long way, probably around 3 months if use on a daily basis.  I stopped using bb cream (although I'm going to use a bb cream with spf this summer for protection) because even if it doesn't have any coverage, it makes my skin look smooth and I'm satisfied with it's brightening effect.  The SA who assisted me said that this product can also be use as a make base.  Nothing much to complain except maybe for the price, I got it on sale but it's still expensive for an ordinary office employee like me.  Anyway, it's a very good product for me.


Tried any vitamin c based products lately?

Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!

8 comments:

  1. I think I wanted to get this but I got the reviver instead XD Remember on my skincare routine post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I read your day and night skincare routine posts and wanted to try some of the products that you used like the pack from Tony Moly and Wonderpore (been having a little trouble with my pores). It seems like The Body Shop Philippines doesn't have the reviver, I'll check again

      Delete
    2. They have the same description at the front... The only difference is the name. I dunno what's going on. Maybe it's the same product with a few alterations? Because there is no booster is the body shop uk now o.o; Both can be used as makeup base according to the description.

      Delete
    3. I guess it's just the name. so we are using the same product then :D

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this one, but I have a vit c serum I've been using from another brand, plus a couple of other vit c products from the body shop (the moisturizing sunscreen and the microdermabrasion cleanser). I think the sunscreen is a bit too heavy for me, and $$$ for the amount you get, and I like the microdermabrasion cleaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you have loads of vitamin c stuff. I also wanted to try other products from the vitamin c line from the body shop but i'm waiting for sale since the price is $$$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!! So expensive! I got all my stuff at a wicked deal, check out my haul post to see what I mean (http://cake-pie.com/epic-haul-from-the-body-shop/1755/) I got like ~$300USD of stuff for ~$90 *beams* That post does not include the 4 free things I got for donating $5 (but it does show the tote and sweet pea body butter duo I got for free). I still haven't tried everything but I look forward to posting future reviews on every one!

      Delete
  4. i saw that post and while reading I was like whoah i wasted a lot of money and she even got to donate ahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)