January 20, 2014

Missha Super Aqua Water Supply Essence

When I started "building" my skincare routine, I remember saving the "leftover" from the mask sheets that I used and used it as my everyday essence.  After that, I don't remember having a "proper" essence (I remember having a first essence but it's not really a full legit essence more of like a fusion of toner and essence) and only used samples if my memory serves me right.  And if you noticed (I just noticed it too) I use the "used" to much and " in this paragraph, I don't know why.

So here's my very first "proper", full sized essence eversince I started to be "maarte", the Missha Super Aqua Water Supply Essence.

Missha Super Aqua Water Supply Essence
40ml
online regular price around $12 in korean shops/around $30 on non-korean shops
got it for around P600 around $14.50

If M&M melts in your mouth, this one melts in the skin and it's as if providing the much needed water to a thirsty land making my skin feeling refresh and hydrated.  I couldn't believe how this essence made my skin soft and supple overnight that when I woke up the next morning, I couldn't stop pinching my cheeks.

It says in the description that it's a fresh moisturizing essence to enhance skin's moisture level while leaving a fresh feeling of softness on the skin which I already observed on my first day of application and still experiencing it up to now and I regret that I didn't take advantage of the 50% off sale of Missha last December (I asked Bae Lu for the discounted price and she said it's P330 or around $8 only which I think is one of the cheapest yet effective essence that I know and I only ordered it for a friend...I really should have get another one for myself but I guess I was attracted to the design of Missha's Misa essence, I really don't know what I was thinking last December).

the essence

The "secret" of this essence is that instead of purified water, this essence contains 100% Ice Plant Water which is rich in minerals and Active Water (Blue Lagoon Water, Mineral Water, Damask Rose Water) that provides moisture to dry skin and enhances skin's moisture level.  I don't know anything about these kinds of water, they are just in the description of the product's box but it seems that their claims are true.

It also says in  the description that it's oil-free and I don't feel any greasiness when I apply this, it just melts and sinks into my skin.

hooray for english description
Missha forgot to put c on direction

Aside from the nice fresh moisturizing effect, I also like the scent of this essence:  it's like a subtle combination of the fresh ocean and the scent of a freshly showered and powdered baby.  I also didn't experience any allergic reaction while using it although it didn't says in the packaging that it's dermatologically tested.

the pump is much appreciated

For the packaging, I like the blue frosted glass part but hate the plastic cap not because of the plastic material but because of it's not so tight grip to the bottle (I pick the cap of the products when I used them so there are many times that the bottle of this one just drops on the floor, to my relief it's not yet broken up to now).

ingredients

Overall, I love this essence that I bought the rest of the products from this line/series. It's a perfect starter to those who have normal to dry skin because it's simply moisturizing leaving the skin fresh and soft and because of it's oil free and non greasy formula, those with oily or combi skin type might also be okay to use this as their essence-moisturizer (but better try a sample first to make sure, okies?).

Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a nice product I would probably like :) thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a simple yet effective product :) I hope you'll also like it and welcome

      Delete
  2. thanks for the review.might check this one out.i want to be "maarte" too this year taking much better care of myself ;)

    http://invisiblestilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Angel, sometimes it's nice to be maarte lalo na if para naman sa sarili natin...wag lang sumobra

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    I was thinking if using essence is really important. Can your day go on without it?
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, you can live by without it. It's just that essence just sinks in the skin faster and this particular essence is moisturizing enough for my dry skin :)

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)