|Beef + Broccoli|
I always thought that making Beef Broccoli or Beef with Broccoli is a hard dish to do but I just realize that my mom doesn't cook it because broccoli is not common in our place; if I remember it right, since I always accompany her in the market and grocery when I was a kid.
Anyway, I first tasted and become a fan of this dish when I was already in college ahahaha. It seems complicated at first because the recipes online usually have 3 groups of ingredients, but it turns out I can make this dish in less than an hour.
Again, I substituted and omitted some of the ingredients because of ingredient availability. You can check Panlasang Pinoy or Ang Sarap for the full recipe.
Beef with Broccoli
1 lb beef sirloin, sliced thinly across the grain or just use beef sukiyaki
2 cups broccoli or more, chopped
3 tbsps cooking oil
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp water (to thickened sauce)
3 cups water (for blanching)
2 tbsps oyster sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar (better if you have rice wine)
1 tbsp soy sauce (I use Kikkoman)
1/2 beef cube dissolved in 1/2 cup water (better if you have beef broth on hand)
2 tsps soy sauce
2 tsps rice vinegar (better if you have rice wine)
1/2 tsp cornstarch
ground black pepper
1. Combine all marinade ingredients then marinate the beef for at least 20 minutes. Set aside.
2. Combine all the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
3. Boil water and blanch the broccoli for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain excess water. Set aside.
4. Heat up a wok or a frying pan in high heat. Add oil then saute garlic.
5. Add the beef and quickly stir fry (around a minute or 2).
6. Pour in the sauce then bring to boil.
7. Add broccoli and cook for a minute.
8. Stir-in cornstarch dissolved in water and cook until the sauce thickens.
Serve with rice and enjoy!
Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!