|Angel's Food Cupcake|
Even if the frosting still haven't settled, I already put it on the cupcake because I'm very eager to eat like 3 of the above light and fluffy Angel's Food Cupcake. In my entire life I haven't tasted one until I first baked them last week of January and then made another batch last last week.
The frosting is a failure though because I can't find a whipping cream in the grocery :( Decided to try these light cupcakes when I saw Emma's Birthday Cake over A Beautiful Mess. I do not have a cake pan so why not make them in a cupcake form :)
|the ones with toasted top are the best|
1/2 cup cake flour
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
6 egg whites
1 tbsp warm water (you can omit this if you want your cake to be denser)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp cream of tarter
1. Sift or dry whick cake flour and half of the sugar 2 to 4 times to make the cake fluffy and airy.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, water, vanilla extract and cream of tartar until wee combined (takes around 2 minutes).
3. Swith to hand mixer and beat the mixture on medium speed while slowly adding the remaining sugar until medium peaks form.
4. In 4 to 5 small batches, fold the sifted flour mixture into the meringue using a spatula.
5. Fill lined cupcake pan with the batter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Top the cupcake with a light icing like whipped cream with powdered sugar and vanilla extract plus maybe your favorite fruit on top.
Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!