August 25, 2014

Fancied de Lata: Pasta in Tuna White Sauce


I think this is the ultimate fancied de lata recipe that I make because aside from the pasta (and the cream which is in tetrapack but there are creams that are in cans too) every ingredients that I use are in cans.

Pasta in Tuna White Sauce

Ingredients:
500 grams pasta, cooked
1 can button mushrooms, sliced
1 can (around 300ml) evaporated milk
2 180 g cans hot and spicy tuna (I usually drain the liquid from one of the can but retain the other)
1 250 ml all-purpose cream
2 cloves minced garlic (or more, hear your heart's desire on this)
1 tsp. oil
salt and pepper

How to:
1.  Heat oil and saute the garlic over low heat.
2.  Add the mushrooms and saute until it sweats.
3.  Add the tuna.  Then the milk.  Stir until just combined.
4.  To thicken the sauce add the all-purpose cream,  Stir slowly until sauce thickens.
5.  Turn off heat.


6.  Combined the cooked pasta and sauce.
7.  Serve/plate and enjoy.

If you wanted an herby/refreshing version, add some freshly chopped basil.  Yum!


4 comments:

  1. I love tuna and pasta with tuna sounds super awesome...
    glamkuks.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try it! it's quite good although a little sinful because of all the creaminess :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. quitew easy to make no, and people always think that I turn the kitchen upside down pag gumagawa ako nito ahahaha

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)