March 12, 2015

Aklatan Book Haul


It's been a while since I went to a good bookstore and become one with the books and I'm rereading my current books over and over again so I thought it's just okay and it's the right time to buy books (and let go of some again, anyone interested in buying and taking care of them?).  Thanks to Otakore I found Aklatan and saved a lot of bucks!

Here's a quick look at what I got!


Who Could That Be at This Hour?, Lemony Snicket
I read the The Series of Unfortunate Events, it is hard bound and it is just 200 pesos...no brainer.

Rags & Bones, Meliis Marr, Tim Pratt
A collection of short stories that can be read in less than an hour, Rags & Bones contains new twist on timeless tales.  I heard this from Jen of ImJenIm and the cover attracted me, that I went gaga when this is included of Aklatan's teaser.

Howl's Moving Castle, Diana Wynn Jones
I already watched the movie of this one and was surprised that it's from a book and was even tempted to buy the others by Diana.  The story is magical with an "unconventional" love story :P

The Strange Library, Haruki Murakami
My very first Hauki Murakami book.  I wanted the  1Q84 but it's very expensive in bookstores so I got this instead.  It has cool "packaging" and there are photos inside, yipee (just like a kid).

The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry
It's time for me to have a copy because I love The Little Prince.  The black cover is surprising since the usual color of the book I see is white.

Leo Tolstoy
I thought that maybe I'll be wiser if I'll start reading poems.  Good luck to me.

John Donne
Because the cover is just to pretty and unusual here in the Philippines.

Haven't been sharing the books that I read lately but I'm hoping that I will, soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)