September 24, 2012

My love hate relationship with Magic Apple Whitening s-rub

Here's another scrub that I'm using to remove the dirt and grime off my skin.
"Our Special Apple Whitening S-rub works like magic!"
Ingredients: De-ionized water, Dimethicone (CetearlyDimethicone), Cethyl alcohol, Prophyl alcohol, PPG, Crosspolymer, Titanium dioxide, Glycerin, Vitamin B3, Olive oil, Phenoxyethanol, Bearberry extract, Fragrance
Here's how I use it:
1.  Spread the product to the skin paying attention to darken spots that needs some whitening.  The product by the way is white with some micro beads that will help in scrubbing off the dirt.  The consistency is more liquidy than I expected (more liquidy than emulsion).
2.  Let it stay for 5 minutes.  During the 5 minutes time, it seems that the skin slowly absorbs the product except of course for the beads that serves as a scrub.
 3.   Rub to my heart's content ( ala hilod style).   Dirt clumps like in the below picture.
I'm not comfortable of just leaving the scrub in my body (because of the residue) so I rinse every after use.

Irk or quizzed with the title of this post?  Let's start with the smell:  I love that it has minty and apple like smell but I hate the chemical smell into it probably because of the alcohol ingredients.
Next,  I love that it's a bit liquidy and because of this it's easier to spread it on skin but at the same time hate it because I'm having a hard time rubbing the product off my skin. I'm desperate to see white/gray particles that I exert too much effort in rubbing (I hope you can see some redness in my skin in the last picture).
Ans lastly, I love that it whitens my skin and really feel that the dirt is completely removed but hate that I also feel like the first layer of my skin (sorry if you think I'm a bit exaggerated but this is how I really feel) has also been removed probably because of my rubbing effort.

So there's my love and hate relationship with Snoe's Magic Apple Whitening s-rub.  I guess I have to use the remaining product as a regular scrub and stick with their Milk Whitening Scrub (unless they will further developed or make a lot of improvement with it).

A lot of bloggers love Magic Apple, I don't know why but if you do know please let me know.  I'm probably using it the wrong way?  I'll wait! :D

Update as of October 16, 2012: Will never use this again.  If signs of irritation occurs, please stop using it and don't be as stubborn as me (or you'll suffer the consequences like me).

Thanks for reading.  Till then.  Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Wow sis that looks amazing! I love everything that smells like apple!

    Sis I will be having a giveaway soon check out my blog

    http://pinkmommy3030.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. excited for your upcoming giveaway :) i wish i am lucky enough to win

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)