March 31, 2013

Sinful Square Cookies

Who said that cookies should be circle???  No one right?  Perfect excuse for me sthen since my cookies became square/UFO (unidentified flat object) and that explains the square  in the name.  Sinful because this cookies have butter and sugar (usual), chocolate chips (still normal) and chocolate-hazelnut spread!!! (original recipe calls for Nutella but found a cheaper alternative for experiment)  Plus to add some more flavor and kick, salt is needed to this recipe).

Warning!  Picture below are...not the usual cookies that you usually in bakery counters but they are really good good good.
my precious~
I got this recipe from The Fat Kid Inside by Erwan (my sincere apologies Mr. Heussaff for not diligently following your recipe).  To be honest I didn't give my full attention when I watched the video, I'm focused reading the ingredients that maybe I missed an important part that can make my cookies perfect (so watch the video, okay?).  But aside from the shape everything is great and mind you I don't have any poper baking background plus I did everything manually so I'm positive that anyone with a happy mind can make these Browned Butter Sea Salt Nutella Cookie (the original Name).  So how good are these cookies?  Let's just say that a cookie monster attacked my cookies, seconds after I put them in a rack.  Just look at the picture below as an evidence.

Browned Butter Sea Salt Nutella Cookie by Erwan Heussaff
text in * are mine

Ingredients:
2 1/3 cup of sieved flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4tsp of salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/4cup white sugar
1 egg
1 yolk
1 tbsb of sour cream
1 cup of mixed milk and dark chocolate chips (*more chocolate chips than milk)
Nutella (*I used Goya)
Sea Salt Flakes (*I used regular iodized rock salt)

Procedure:
Mix together, 2 1/3 cup of sieved flour,1 tsp baking soda, 1/4tsp of salt.
Brown 1 cup of salted butter (or why not maple or bacon butter????) on low heat, you’ll see the butter get brown as you tend to it with a spoon.

Combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4cup white sugar, 1 egg, 1 yolk, 1 tbsb of sour cream.  Put in mixer. Mix.
Add brown butter.
Fold in Dry mix.
Mix in 1 cup of mixed milk and dark chocolate chips.
Put in the fridge for about 30mins - 1hour.  (*or longer)
(*the messy part) Form some balls with your hand about 2 inches thick.  Flatten them out, put a tbsp of nutella in the middle and fold the ball over again.  Place on parchment paper.  Bake at 350 fahrenheit for 15mins or until desired texture is achieved. Shorter times for chewy gooey cookies. Full time for nice hard cookies. When done, cool them on a rack with some sea salt flakes on top.

I prefer to bake the cookies for a full a5 minutes since it has more cookie texture but still chewy on the inside because of the chocolate spread the chocolates.

Enjoy!

Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, It's almost bedtime here & I am drooling looking at those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahaha I hope the cookies will give sweet dreams then maybe make one the next day :D

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)