April 17, 2013

Glam Works Permanent Hair Dye Color

Well I hope that the price will not define the efficacy and effectivity of a product in a short or long run basis because if it is then I'm doom.  I just used over the weekend (and once in December of 2012) the cheapest bubble hair color that my sister and I found in Watsons.  How cheap is cheap?  P49 or $1.20.
blurry picture, my hands are shaky lately

It's light brown variant but I naturally have black hair so the effect is more of a dark brown but under the light specially under the sun, it almost looked like what's in the below picture.
color guide
It's easy to use.  Just open the packet that is divided into two, containing the color and the developer.  Mix the two in the palm of the hand and work it on a wet hair until it bubbles.  Leave on for 20 to 25 minutes but my mane got itchy so after 15 minutes I rinsed my hair.  Look into the pictures below to know more about the product and how to properly use it.
the coloring plus disposable plastic gloves
I don't know which is which
another crappy but readable picture
Directions for Use:
1.  Unpack and cut the Hair Dye Color Sachet in the corner.  Squeeze it into the gloved palm and mix.
2.  Apply the mixture evenly on your slightly wet hair.  Then massage the hair from roots to tip until it bubbles come out. Avoid contact with eyes.
3.  Keep it on your hair for 20 to 25 minutes.  (Keep it longer in case of oily hair).
4.  Spray some water once again, and rub your hair to make bubbles.  Rinse it with water
I remember last time that when I used this, my hair and scalp dried so after shampooing I used a hair treatment.  I used Tresemme but if you don't have a hair treatment just use your conditioner and leave it on for a longer period of time and if you have a shower cap then better use it for better hair and scalp conditioning.  Another thing is that the scent of the chemicals linger, it's not overpowering but for 3 days, I stopped sniffing my hair.
before and after photos of my hair
It does color my hair and it's permanent and it also did straighten my hair (the natural look and not the broomstick type).  Oh before using this, read the caution carefully because this hair coloring can irritate a sensitive scalp.
caution + ingredients
1 pack is good for up to shoulder length, thick hair (like mine).

Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!

33 comments:

  1. Nice ^^ I like natural hair colors! But you have to be careful with what hairdye you use because if the brand isn't good, it can damage your hair ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like too :) it's easy to maintain. So far the coloring has no side effects and hope it will remain that way forever

      Delete
  2. The colour looks lovely, it really turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also surprised with the color especially under the sun :D

      Delete
  3. such cheap hairdye! hairdye where i live is usually $7 at least! the colour turned out really nice :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also surprised with the price but the color is permanent and easy to maintain :)

      Delete
    2. Is this available in the USA?

      Delete
    3. it's not available in the us and the shipping will be much pricier than the item itself if your are going to have it shipped but I don't think there's someone selling this online

      Delete
  4. followed you on blogloving as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup ive tried this one too and it works for my hair but id used the medium brown one just right for my skin tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really good and cheap but great results, the medium brown still makes my hair look black so I always go for the light one :)

      Delete
  6. I've tried the light brown shade.. Kept it for 20mins and it didn't change my hair color (I have brown/black hair). I wish my hair turned out like yours. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ughh that sucks, maybe you should try lighter shades though I think light brown is the lightest in Glam...maybe other brands that have stronger dye formulation, though I can't think of any particular brand but I tried brands that can be bought in grocery stores (wella and the like?) and they are lighter than Glam's

      Delete
  7. I also use this. Light brown. You have to use a shower cap to achieve a vibrant color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi , I have my glam hair dye color now. And the same with the color of your hair. Light brown. But a little bit scared to use it coz I got my rebond 1 month ago. Is it ok if I use it now? Tnx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sheralyn, thanks for dropping by. I had my rebond before and I waited 3 months before I could do any treatment to my hair even hair coloring. You can already dye your hair with this if you are in a hurry but in the long it can make your hair dry and course, it already happened to me. Better if you consult the one who rebonded your hair to be sure :)

      Delete
  9. Hi! I have my glam hair dye color.Same color of your hair. But im a little bit scared to use it coz I got my hair rebond 1 month ago I guess. Is it ok if I use it now? Thank you : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great information. Lucky me I found your website by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've saved it for later!

    my site hairdressers Manchester

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh,I bought the Medium Brown version and it ddint affect my hair. Im a boy btw,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the medium brown is too dark for me and I can only see a bit of lightning to my hair when I'm under the sun so I always go with the light brown. coloring also depends wjwther your hair is fine or coarse. sad that it didn't have any effect on you, is this the only hair coloring that didn't work for you?

      Delete
  12. Never tried hair dyes before. I am so scared to do it on my own and the other thing is my hair was so damaged. It looks good on you btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, if your hair is damaged I thinks it's best if your hair is colored professionally

      Delete
  13. i just dyed my hair and looked up the brand i used then saw this. I colored my hair burgundy using 2 packs and i have a shoulder lenght hair, I loved the result with the glamworks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cheap and works just fine. Glad it worked on you :)

      Delete
  14. It worked on me also. I love the result.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How many packs did you used?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you think it will work for me because i have blonde hair and i just color my hair not more than 1 week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it'll work but you just colored your hair so please don't dye it again

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)