|my very own red velvet cupcake|
|red and moist|
1 cup sour cream
3/4 bottle red food coloring
1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups canola oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin/cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
Combine sour cream, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla extract. Set aside
Sift or dry whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside
4. Combine canola oil and sugar until sugar is slightly melted, then with a whisk add in the eggs one at a time
5. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients (from step 3) and slightly mix using a spatula.
6. Add half of the wet ingredient (from step 2) and again slightly mix
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 and slightly mix until everything is combined and free of lumps.
8. Fill liners; 2/3 full, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
|Let it cool before topping these babies with frosting|
|this is a hit frosting in the office|
250g cream cheese spread (it's the only cream cheese available in the grocery, Magnolia)
1 stick salted butter
2 to 3 cups powdered sugar (I have to use 3 cups in order for the frosting to "pick" a little)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Soften butter and cream cheese then beat together until creamy.
2. Add vanilla extract then beat again for a minute.
3. Slowly add the powdered sugar while beating (thank goodness my sister helped me) or add 1 cup at a time then beat for 1 minute (if you do not have a companion). Repeat until the frosting is smooth and creamy and a little fluffy or if already has the "pick". I only used a whisk but if you have an electric mixer then congrats, the process will be much easier and faster.
At first I thought the frosting is too sweet but when I already put it in the cupcakes, the sweetness is "tamang tama lang" (just right sweetness).
|I need to practice more!!!|
Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!