July 22, 2013

TonyMoly Facial Sponge and Hair Remover

Here are two TonyMoly products that are in pending for a very long time.

This "puto" (a filipino rice muffin) looking thing is a facial sponge that a friend of my friend bought for me from Korea last February.  I got curious about konjac (you can check the benefits of konjac sponge here) and looking into this product while in a store in one of TonyMoly here in the Philippines keep me thinking if this squishy sponge can really clean the face.  Answer: Yes, it does clean the face!

TonyMoly Natural Konjac Cleansing Puff
100% Natural Fiber
pH 8.4 Alkali
P198
3000 won
Cleaning my face has never been this fun.  This sponge lightly massages, soften and exfoliates without stripping the moisture off my skin.  It also lessen the appearance of black and whiteheads.  My face also feels clean even if I don't use a facial cleanser (while I'm using this, I don't use facial cleanser in the morning...medyo nakatipid ako).  The tear drop shape has it purpose by the way:  I use the smaller part on my undereyes and the sides of the nose while the bigger portion is to the rest of my face and neck.  Since I can't afford a Clarisonic, I'll stick with these kind of sponges (bought a generic circle one in Landmark at only 60 pesos, I'll try as many konjac sponges as I can.  Update, tried the circle one and the tear shape of  TonyMoly's is easier to grip).

Take note though that you have to thoroughly clean this every after use by soaking and squeezing it many times until the water runs clean.  I am in a hurry one time and only soak and squeeze it twice and the smell went bad (it should be oderless).  Also there's this one time that I didn't use it for 4 consecutive days, it dried which is normal (just soak in the water and it will go back to it's squishy state) but the next day I saw a green line so I have to throw it after just one month of use.

without the string, it looks like a food to me
Here's the description and notes that I found from Tony Moly Singapore facebook page:

TonyMoly 100% Natural Konjac Cleansing Puff

Before use, wash the sponge thoroughly, soak it in water and squeeze it several times.

Gently massage it on your face in a circular motion to exfoliate dead skin cells and for deep cleansing. This will help to stimulate tired skin, revitalize your skin & encourage skin renewal. Cleansers or facial foams can be added to the sponge if desired, but is not a must.

If the sponge is dried, always allow it to fully absorb water before using it again.

Your sponge should last between 1-3 months, depending on how well you treat it, but once it starts to look starts to tear, please replace it. The better care you take of your sponge, the longer it will last.

Always squeeze out excess moisture after use and hang it in an airy place to dry. A damp environment will shorten its life and cause this natural product to decompose faster!

Next is a hair removal cream.  What's the difference between this and the Clear Hair Removal Cream?  According to the SA, this one is milder so it can be used in the underarms thus it explains the illustration in the box and thank goodness the box has english descriptions and instructions!
TonyMoly Hug Me Hair Removal Cream
P398
7000 won
It has milder scent too and a little runnier than Clear Hair Removal Cream and has a milky white color.  To  be honest, this did not remove all my hair in the leg area because I shaved before so hair is coarse and a little thick.  What I like though is that this cream makes the hair finer and the growth slower (after one month of use) and it's really mild that my skin doesn't sting at all.

From the box. here's the description and instructions:

This fast, convenient hair removal cream leaves your skin feeling smooth.  This cream removes hair as well as soothes sensitive skin with shea butter, which has excellent skin soothing and moisturizing effects.

Directions:  Before applying, wash and towel dry the area with unwanted body hair and apply a liberal amount of cream so that the area is fully covered.  After 5 to 10 minutes, rub the area with the tip of your finger to check if the hair wipes away easily, remove the remaining cream with a wet towel or the spatula that comes with the product, and wash off with water.  Use more than once (an interval of several days) to completely remove any short, rough hair from the shaved area).

Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)