November 29, 2013

Thai-Style Green Beans

My niece and I would love to eat more veggies and been threatening my nephew that someday I'll serve all veggies for dinner (hehehe, pure evil)  of course I can't do it.  Aside from his frowning face, her parents will definitely question me besides I'm not a vegetarian :)

Anyway, I decided to just serve a quick veggie side dish to our lazy fried luncheon meat dinner with a Thai Style Green Beans.  Saw a recipe from A Beautiful Mess blog but this recipe from tasteofhome.com is way way more easy (with my added notes).

promise, it's yummier than it looks

Thai-Style Green Beans
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce (I used regular soy sauce)
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I forgot to buy and used the ones from Yellowcab :P)
1 tablespoon chopped shallot (used regular onions because I can't find any shallots in SM grocery...grrr)
1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
1 tablespoon canola oil

1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed (I cut into two since I'm not used to eating beans that are long)

It's actually yummy but I bet it'll be more flavorful if I use shallots.

Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)