February 4, 2014

Cookies in Sugar and Butter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


It's love month so even if it's cheesy, I still made a heart shape and a girl and a boy shaped cookies and if you want something to give that you made with your bare hands (literally!) to your loved ones this love month then why not bake some butter or sugar cookies.

The one in the above photo is the butter cookies which my family loves more than the below sugar cookies because it's less sweeter and well more buttery, what more can I say about that.  The sugar cookies is more colorful though because I added red colored icing on top of each cookie for a playful touch.


sugar cookies with icing

Both of these cookies almost have the same ingredients and procedure to make, the only difference is the amount in the ingredients.  Oh this is my first time to knead and roll a dough and at first it's really hard take out the cut -out shapes off the table, constant dusting and a good spatula is needed to prevent the shapes from deforming.

Butter Cookies
adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon butter
3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon white sugar
1 medium egg
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract

Sugar Cookies
adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
1-2/3 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoonsbutter, softened
3/4 cup and 3 tablespoonswhite sugar
1 small egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

cute cookie cutters

How to:
1.  Combine/stir the dry ingredients.
2.  Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
3.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4.  Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
5.  Roll the dough to half inch thick and then cut into desired shapes.
6.  Bake to a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are golden.


the elephant shape is my favorite
Perfect mate for your tea or coffee or milk :)

Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!

8 comments:

  1. OMG THESE LOOK GOOD!!! Seeing these pics makes me wanna gobble them all up in my mouth, hihi!

    Love,
    Ysabel of Pleasantly Chic
    Click here to join my Valentine's Day blog giveaway!! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and I'm sure very yummy cookies!!! I think I would prefer the sugar cookies with icing...
    You did a great job, they look wonderful and now I'm hungry again...

    http://momodicted.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! they look fun to look at but can't stop eating them too especially with tea or milk..yum yum

      Delete
  3. Wow these look sooo cute! :D Galing mo magbake, Arya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. salamat :D gusto ko na kumuha ng baking lesson so that my presentation would look better baka pwede ko na lang siya magig business

      Delete
  4. You're really talented. I love bakery but never really succeed in doing one...haaaa XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was hard at first but practice makes perfect =) you can also make these cookies perfectly anytime soon

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)