I don't know why but I always end up ordering a katsudon with a sweet sauce (forgot the exact name) whenever I got to a katsu house. It's weird because I'm not really a fan of it...it's too sweet for me.
I wanted to try to make it at home and perfectly I found a recipe from pepper.ph that will balance the saltiness and sweetness of the dish because cheese is added to the recipe.
If you want to know how to properly make it then head over to www.pepper.ph because here I'll be showing how to make Cheese Katsudon the
Cheese Chicken Katsodun
1/2 kilo chicken breast fillet
salt and pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 beaten egg
1 cup bread crumbs
oil for frying
1 cup water
1/4 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
1/2 piece of chicken cubes
*1 tbps or more depending on your level of sweetness but this is optional
2 tbsp. oil
1 white onion, sliced
4 beaten eggs
2 stalks leeks, sliced diagonally
1 cup grated cheese
and of course, RICE
1. Start with the katsu. Clean and pat dry the chicken fillets then season it lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Coat all the chicken with the flour.
3. Pour over the chicken the 1 beaten egg, then work it until all the fillets are coated with egg. (see how improper this is?)
4. Next heat the oil in a pan.
5. While the pan is heating, coat the fillets with bread crumbs.
6. Then fry! It'll take a minute or two for each side of the chicken. Drain excess oil and set aside.
|I burnt some because I was headbanging when Jam88.3 played a block party song|
1. Boil all the sauce ingredients until the chicken cube is melted.
2. Set aside but keep warm.
1. Sliced the fillets into long strips, keeping the pieces together though. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in pan and sautee the onion.
3. Add the eggs and when it's half cook, top it with the chicken fillets.
4. Pour the sauce.
5. Add on the top of the fillets the leeks and cheese.
|melting the cheese!|
6. Cover the pan and let everything cooked over medium heat until the cheese is semi-melted.
7. Serve with rice.
I'm always in a hurry when I make this because I need to go to work and only have an hour time to cook which explains why I make and assemble everything in one pan instead of fillet by fillet.
|the family thinks this is yummy!|
Well, I hope this crazy method of mine helps you in your cooking :P
Thanks for reading. Till then. Bye!