I joined a baking community in facebook (Bake Happy Manila) wherein members share their achievements and woes in baking plus tips and recipes of course and Milk and Cheese Cupcake was just trending last quarter so I just got to try it and it was one of the simplest yet tastiest cupcake I ever tried (and everybody loves it). The sweetness of the condense milk and the saltiness of the cheese are perfect match and the soft yet dense "cake" makes you forget about frosting that fansifies a cupcake.
Milk and Cheese Cupcake
1 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
2 330ml cans condensed milk
2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup grated cheese
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. Add condensed milk and mix well.
4. Sift in all purpose flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
5. Stir in vanilla.
6. Add 3/4 cups of the grated cheese and mix well (but don't overmix.)
7. Pour into lined muffin/cupcake pans and sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top.
8. Bake on a pre-heated oven (350 degrees F) for 20 to 25 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and toothpick inserted comes off clean.
9. Let it cool and dig in!
|this batch needs more cheese on top|
Pair with tea or black coffee!