August 31, 2014

How I lost Almost 10lbs in a Month

I don't know if stress is a part of it but I remember before that when I'm stress I eat a lot and gain so much weight so I'll set stress aside as a factor, so here are the things that I do to shed that extra weight.


Rough description of my body type?
I have a pear shape body type:  small face that goes wider going down so I have big hips and thighs.  I look chubby in person and people always get shocked when I tell them that I'm obese type one (there's a time that I'm a candidate for type 2).  Last June I'm at 70kg. (my heaviest).  Then end of July, I'm around 158 to 160lbs. and now I'm at around 150 to 151lbs.

So what did I do?
Did I starve myself?  Did I do insanity work-out?  Exercise to death?  Nope!  I think I just became aware of what I eat and accepted the fact that I'm unhealthy (I became acidic, candidate for heart attack etc. etc.) and need to do something; even small ones, to lose some weight and somehow be a little healthier than before.  I'll conclude my ways in 5:

1.  Don't skip breakfast.
I noticed that I binge and snack less when I eat breakfast.  I usually have a fruit or two, a small cup of yoghurt (mind you it's sweet and flavored)  and a cup of either tea or coffee and I'm good to go.   Also, after a couple of weeks, my food preference (which is usually greasy and full of flavorings) changed...it seems like the fruits did a great big help in cleansing my palette.  Of course there are times that I crave for greasy and heavy breakfast and I allow myself once in a while as long as I don't go overboard and eat like a maniac which is my habit before when I go on a "diet" (by that I mean eating much much less than a normal person would eat).

2.  I drink more hot drinks.
I became a tea drinker; some say green tea is the best, but whatever is your hot drink preference is okay as long as it doesn't contain lots of sugar and other stuff that makes your drink sinful.  I usually go for a plain tea or coffee and sometimes add milk or creamer.  Drinking tea/hot beverages makes me poop on a regular basis and also helps in filling my tummy so I eat less.  I think the warmth helps my stomach to be neutral and keeps the fats from my food "liquid"??? I'm not an expert I just read it somewhere but I don't have the link anymore (sorry).

3.  Acceptable and tolerable exercise on a regular basis.
It doesn't have to be extreme, exercise even in the simpliest form like walking on a regular basis can help in loosing some weight.  I do a 20 minute yoga 3 to 4 times a week for me to sweat and stretch because it works for me.  The key is finding the right form of exercise that you can stick to doing on a regular basis even if it's just 10 minutes a day or every other day.

4.  Going back to food, slowly lower the portion but don't deprive yourself.
August is my birthday month and I eat like a pig for almost a week to celebrate it.  After that though, I went back to my regular eating habits and would only take 3/4 of my regular portion on 1 of my meals in order for my body to just use/consume the stored energy from the food that I ate from that week.  Overall, during the course of my 1 month loosing weight thing I slowly lower the portions of my meals and snacks- I eat 3 meals a day before (2 of which are very very heavy), now I only eat 2 meals (breakfast/brunch which usually includes fruits and mid lunch and dinner) but I snack something in between like a cup of tea or coffee with some crackers or light sweet.  I didn't totally gave up on sweets and fatty-savory foods...I just lowered my portions and replaced half of it with something more light and a little healthier.

5.  Grocery shopping with full stomach.
I noticed that I grab less junk food when I do grocery with a happy and full stomach.  My mind is tricked into thinking that I don't need food :P

So that's it.  I still wanted to lose so hopefully by next week I can increase my exercise to 5 times a week and maybe after another month, make it a little longer or do some other activity (I'm thinking martial arts).  I love to eat so I'm limited with just cutting the portions of my meals and replacing it with something healthier option.

If you have suggestion on how to lose weight without going extreme, do share them with me...I still need to lose 30lbs :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! If you're the same height as me, 10 lbs is a huge deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an achievement! Congrats! Your last tip got me thinking. That must be what I was doing wrong. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, the last one is very effective...i don't have the urge to grab a bag of potato chips

      Delete
  3. ahaha i like the last tip! it makes sense ha, ill do that na rin. also, im sort of on the same page with you sis on this. im also doing yoga stretching cardio regularly na, and watching my diet... although i dont really loose weight :( the doctor said its cause of the cysts in my thyroid which were currently treating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! the amount of sweets and chips dropped by 50% when i started doing it hehehe...yan ba yung reverse ng hyperthyrodism?hope you get well soon Shayne

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)