July 30, 2016

Not the Same featuring Missha and Aloe Vera Gel



They were the favorites with a "holy grail" status.  The "go to" when the new items failed their purpose.  They are like your BFFs that you reach out to when you have skin problems.  But then suddenly, you feel they don't give the same effect anymore.  Was it a new formulation? Or perhaps my age and diet (what I eat)?

Whatever the reason, here are the items that awed me before but just won't work anymore now.


Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Borabit Ampoule
THEN:  I raved about this before here and it's one of the reason why I tried some more items from Missha.  Here'a an excerpt from my review: "My face looks glowing, flawless and sleek.  With continuous usage, my face looks healthy and less sensitive.  My pores looks smaller and my freckles and sun spots are less visible. I never had a major breakout with this ampoule and my skin is soft yet firmer than before." Overall, I think it made my skin almost to the flawless artista level.

NOW:  It just became a normal moisturizer in a liquid form.  I read somewhere; although not official, that an active ingredient was replace with the "Borabit" edition as Missha had an issue with Estee Lauder because guys, in Korea this is being marketed as a cheaper version of the Estee Lauder Night Repair.  I wish that I have gotten the former formula because I am missing the goodness it gave to my skin.


Missha Time Revolution The First Essence Treatment
THEN:  At first I didn't like this SK-II dupe because it gave me mini break out but as I use it more, I noticed that my skin looks brighter and works well with the ampoule.  Here's an excerpt again from my older post here:  "While using this, I can say that my skin slowly GLOWS and brighten.  It help in making it soft too.  If you have extra time and money and wanted to take your skincare to the next level then consider getting a first treatment essence, it can make a difference although overall it's not necessary."

NOW:  Because it's not giving me the extra glow anymore, I just use it as a toner.  The version that I have now is the "Intensive" and I actually expected a little bit more because of that word.  I see a lot of youtubers though raving about this and all of them do not have the "Intensive" word in their bottles.



Aloe Vera Gel (In General be it Nature Republic or TheFaceShop)
THEN:  Ultimate light and non sticky go to moisturizer for my dry and sensitive skin.  Excessively used during summertime because of its lightness and also for its soothing and cooling effect.  It can also work as a facial mask, a before and aftershave gel, hair moisturizer and many more.  Big factor is that it's cheap yet effective.

NOW:  It makes my skin dry and itchy and sometimes even flaky.  This breaks my heart the most since I reach out to Aloe Vera Gel when my skin is in bad condition.  Now, it's the other way around huhuhu.

I hope this entry may serve as one of your reference in your next retail therapy.  Remember, these are based on my own experience so also look for other reviews so you can have a better picture of the products.

Let's chow for now (I'm hungry).

5 comments:

  1. And I thought I was the only one who felt this way about these products

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I am so sad to read that products you loved dont work anymore on you :( But it does happen a lot. I guess your skin just got used to it?
    As for aloe vera, i developed this kind of "symptoms" too and it turned into an allergy that made a living hell out of my beauty routine (there's aloe in everything right??!). I hope it doesn't happen to you!
    Good luck with finding new go-tos!

    Nawael,
    http://heynael.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah my skin got used to this products too.
      I looked into some products online and yes almost everything has aloe so the struggle is real.
      Thanks for dropping bye Nawael

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)