May 28, 2017

Hatomugi and 7 Times Skin


From a non-believer to a constant user and now trying out the "7 Skin Method" trend, Toner or Skin as known in Korea or Lotion in Japan has been constant in my skincare routine.

In my younger years, I always thought that a toner is either very strong to the point of burning the skin or as bland as water packaged into a fancy bottle.  As I got to skincare, I learned (and still learning) that a good toner (or Skin in Korea and Lotion in Japan) can restore the skin's pH balance quickly and prepare it in your next skincare step and provides extra moisture and nutrients thus helping in repairing the skin's protective barrier (and so much more depending on the ingredients of your toner).

So with all these benefit, why not slap the product in the face 7 times?  CRAZY!!!  But I tell you now, it works but it took some time before my system absorbed the idea.

The method is easy:  pat (yes PAT and lightly massage if you have time) just the right amount of moisturizing toner (it must not have alcohol people) or a watery essence to your skin and before it dries out pat the 2nd batch of toner and repeat until you get to 7th.

According to Young-Ji Park, the founder of Purpletale, "By layering your toner multiple times, your skin gets to absorb more of the hydrating ingredients, ultimately giving you hydrated and healthy skin".


So I grabbed my gigantic Hatomugi Skin Conditioner (500 ml skin conditioner so why not excessively use it) which claims to have Coex Seed Extract that moisturizes the face and body for smooth and beautiful skin (I don't know anything about Coex Seed and I can't find anything about it on the net) and slap it on my skin 7 times and my face is dripping with toner so I have to watch a youtube video and read articles as to how others adhere to the method and found out that:

1.  Amount matters - a dime size or 25 cents is enough for application
2.  I need to lightly pat, tap and massage the face while applying toner and
3.  It's okay to start at maybe 3 times and then gradually increase to 7 as the day goes by

So for the rest of the week, I improved in my application technique and so is my skin.  I can't believe that it's more softer than when I just apply the skin conditioner once.  On my second week, I became more constant with the 7 Skin Method - day and night and my skin got smoother and more supple.

I'm still continuing doing the trend but I transferred some of the Hatomugi Skin Conditioner to a spray bottle for an even application and I have to lower the number to 5 since it's so humid right now in Manila.

I still haven't achieved the glowy effect that some bloggers claim but at least I do not have much problem now in moisturizing my skin which proves that the Coex Seed Extract claim in the Hatomugi Skin Conditioner is for real.

Wanna try it too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)