April 24, 2018

Oh Looky: Cleansing Stuff



Let the skin breathe from all the makeup and pollution - your skin will definitely thank you.

Kindly read Oh Looky before proceeding to read, thanks.

Tosowoong Enzyme Powder Wash
I got this thinking that it's a dupe for the Tatcha Rice Cleanser thing (I don't know the exact name but many beauty gurus/youtubers swear by it because it helps in making the skin glow but holy it's so pricey).  So as the name suggest, this cleanser is in powder from like granules of sugar that is easily dissolve with water.  I like that with just a small amount (this cleanser lasted for more than 5 months) I can create a great amount of foam that cleanse and keeps the skin soft.

Pond's Washable Cold Cream
A makeup remover favorite as it is affordable and readily available (I got mine on a 2 for 1 sale).  I like that it keeps the skin moisturized and soft while removing light makeup.  I wouldn't rely on it if I'm wearing heavier and waterproof makeup.

Biore Cleansing Oil
From the packaging:  "This oil-based makeup remover from Japan has excellent cleansing ability that makes makeup removal so quick and easy!  Suitable for medium to heavy makeup users, it effectively dissolves and removes stubborn makeup, even waterproof mascara, while lifting away dirt and impurities.  Unlike typical oil makeup removers, it does not emulsify upon contact with water, thus maintaining its optimal cleansing performance at all time".

Except for the last sentence, I agree completely.  I apply this oil on a dry skin, massage it until I think the makeup is dissolved and then put a little amount of water to my palms and massage my face again to lift the oil and there's a bit of emulsification in this stage and I don't mind it - I actually like it cause it's as if I'm removing the oil together with the makeup and then I follow-up with a cleanser.

Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect Cleansing Balm
If this is readily available in my area then this will be my go to makeup remover and cleanser (sadly it is not readily available for me and online shops prices are crazy, got mine on sale in Korea - ON SALE people).

First of all, the smell is divine - it's citrusy with a bit of caramel smell to it, it's just refreshing to sniff it.  Second, it's a balm so it's not messy to work with it (it also has a lid inside with a small spatula so no need to dip the fingers to contaminate the balm).  Third, it does remove makeup (like the Biore one) and cleanse the face in one go that most of the time I don't double cleanse anymore.  I get the squeeky clean feeling without the dryness with this, amazing!


Innisfree Wine Peeling Jelly Softener
I think this is an underrated product.  It's a gentle chemical exfoliant that I use 2 to 3 times a week and it really helps in removing blackheads and whiteheads, without stripping the moisture off the skin.  And comparing to other chemical exfoliator, this is more on the affordable side - I got it on Althea PH for more of less P500 ($10).
TMI: I got a bad reaction to certain deodorant that made my pits scaly and dark and this one helped a lot in the recovery.

Skinfood Rice Mask Wash Off
I just started using this and as a wash off mask, Im satisfied as it makes my skin soft and looking refreshed after every use.  As a scrub though (it has small white almost transparent beads/grains), it won't help in removing the blackheads (I still rely with the Innisfree Jelly Softener) - though I don't follow the instructions because I can't keep on massaging my dry face for 10 to 15 minutes, that is just tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)