May 26, 2014

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream


I'll just go straight to the point:  Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream is more of a preventive kind rather than the "recovering the prime state of your skin" gel cream.  If you have wrinkles and wanted to get rid of them, then this is not the product for you.

Since the explosion of snail, bee, snake and whatever based products,I've been curious as to why they became so popular and gave in when I found out  that this snail gel cream from Mizon is cheap.  The one in the photo above is already my third tube (they are on promo when I bought them from Bae Lu) not because I'm so much in love with it but because I wanted to consume the trio before they expire.  It's not a bad cream, I'm actually impressed when I first use it since it made my skin and my wrinkled hands so soft and smooth and plump but like the other Mizon products that I tried (like Mizon Pore Tightening Lotion), this also works up to a certain extent only...let's say 30% and with continuous use the 30% will remain in your face! (and hands too if you'll use it there).

By the way, this is recommended for use after your moisturizer, I tried it and it's like I'm already wearing a thick mask so I just replace my moisturizer with this. Then when I'm done with the first tube I went back to my usual moisturizer and go back to this when I'm halfway done with the former and that's when I observed what I hate the most about this product:  mini breakouts for the first week of usage and then breakout again when I stop using it and half of the softness and smoothness effect also goes away.



Like I told you, this is not really a bad moisturizer but it will not give a long lasting effect and will definitely not help with wrinkles (or it will help by making your skin plump, but still my wrinkles/lines that are a bit deep already never said bye bye to me).  Well, I'm already in my late twenties and should already be using anti-aging products rather than these kinds of creams that are more on the preventive side.  Right now, I use this gel cream as a wash off mask since I like it's semi cooling effect.



4 comments:

  1. this is so interesting arya. how much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pre-ordered this before at around 500 for 3 tube pero .nagmahal na siya ngayon. And there are online shop that sells it for more or less 300 per tube

      Delete
  2. are the breakouts worse? or is it manageable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! They are manageable, I think my skin was purging but after a week or two everything subsided

      Delete

Share that amazing thought!
I do reply and you can also leave your blog's link so that I can visit it. Thanks :)